We put together a list of FAQS that you might have after receiving a quote. Scroll down and read through these common questions that we have received over the years, and they should help answer anything that made you go “hmmmm”. Still have questions after reading through this list? Ask away! We might just have to add your question to our FAQ page! Once you are ready to book, refer to your email for instructions on how to proceed.
FAQs Before Booking
People are always asking How Far in Advance Should I Book? Super common question! We always say the same thing – asap! Some of the games we have 13 in stock, others we only have 1 version. So if there are particular games that are deal breakers and you have your heart set on them, then book book book! You can always just book the must have games for now, and add more down the road when you get a better handle on things.
Of course you can come See the Games in person! You just have to make an appointment first, so PLEASE CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment with us. We are typically closed on weekends but can accommodate sometimes if we are able to. If you do not find a time that works for you, please ask us for our extended availability and we will see how we can help!
This is a tricky question, and not one we can answer in just a sentence or two. The question we always get is: How many Games Should I Rent? This depends on 4 things when we break it down:
- The Crowd
- The Logistics of the Night
- How Long your Event is
- The Number of Guests
- Think about who is coming, and what they would enjoy. Also think about how much they will be willing to spend, as games like Blackjack, Roulette and Poker require some more cash than a game like Hockey Shootout. Some people are all about gambling at Casino Tables, whereas others just like the easy games that do not require much thinking or know-how. Have a good mix.
The Logistics of the Night
- Think about when you are serving food, and what other surprises you have planned for your guests and try to make the evening flow nicely. Make sure to create a schedule.
- We suggest that you continually bring out new games throughout the night to raise excitement and anticipation. Calculate how many hours you expect people to stay, how often you want to bring out more games, and you have got your number.
- If you have a ton of games, keep some out the whole night, and others bring out slowly. So perhaps the Jail & Bail and Crown & Anchor is out the whole time, but bring out the Bra Pong from 9-10 and the Punch a Bunch from 11-12 as an example.
- Make sure to advertise and really talk it up that those games (with the help from your DJ) and tell people that it will only be out for certain times.
- Just don’t bring out everything all at once. As the excitement dies down and people leave.
How Long your Event is
- If you only have the hall for 5 hours, don’t cram it with activities as it is too much for people to digest
- You want variety but you don’t want anyone to feel overwhelmed by the amount of action happening, as they need some quiet and downtime
- If you have the hall for longer, then gradually bring things out to generate interest over a longer period of time
The Number of Guests
- This is purely for illustration purposes and it is just a suggestion, but here are some good guidelines:
- 50-100 people: 3-4 games
- 100-200 people: 4-5 games
- 200-300 people: 5-6 games
- 300 or more: 6+ games
- Note that the number of games suggested above, can include toonie toss and other smaller games, so by no means are we suggesting that you rent 6 games off of us. Most people tend to rent 3-4 from us as they might have a Pie in the Face, Guess the Bottle Caps in a jar, etc.
- You just don’t want people to be bored, but you also don’t want too many options. The more options you have, the more people you need to help run them!
Our prices are firm because we go to great lengths in staying competitive with our pricing. We regularly execute market research to compare our prices to ensure we are in line with others in the same industry. We even have surveys that pop up on our website from time to time asking people what they think about our prices. 88% of people surveyed, continue to tell us that our prices are acceptable and are competitive. If you are from the Toronto region, you may think that you have died and have gone to heaven because our prices are pennies compared to Toronto pricing!
Plus we offer a ton of Packages and other ways to get discounts, which is just another way we keep our customers happy with the value that they receive.
Our advice is… if you find other companies that have a lower rental cost, just remember the age old saying – You get what you pay for! We have found that other rental companies continue to rent out equipment well past their expiry date, and do not have any sort of maintenance schedule to keep on top of damage.
If you don’t care that the crown and anchor wheel is wobbly, worn down, has tears on the face of the wheel when people have ripped their signs off with packing tape, and that all the bearings are worn out – then be our guest and rent with them. But if you want quality games that won’t let you down and will make your event step up a notch in sophistication, then you know who to call, and it isn’t the Ghost Busters!
We require the full amount of your rental to be paid up front, in order to reserve the items you would like. If you want to make changes down the road by substituting games or adding some on, you can do so penalty fee, but that any reductions are non-refundable. See our Rental Agreement for more information on how CHANGES work. Note that your deposit is non-refundable so if you have questions, please ask before booking.
If you cancel your event, then any money paid towards your rental, can be applied towards a future rental down the road but unfortunately no refunds will be given, no matter what the reason.
We encourage people to do their due diligence prior to booking ie)knowing where pick up is, knowing our pick up times, if they have a vehicle that will be large enough to pick up the games, etc.
We accept payment in 4 ways:
- Credit (charges a 4% processing fee)
Our credit machines on site that we use for payments and security deposits, do not accept Debit or Debit Visa’s. However when booking online you have access to pretty much any payment you can think of!
Go to the search bar and type in your game which will take you to the specific Product Page for that game. Look for the tab called “How to Profit” and there you will find all the info required to make it a success! In this section it will tell you how to run the games in order to make a profit and what to charge your guests.
Or you can visit our GAME RENTAL SIGNS page, and this will give you a quick idea as to how to run your game and make a Profit on Games. Alternatively, once you book, you will given an email that will detail your order. Under each item, will be these very same links to help you make a profit.
If you want a number, we cannot give you one simply because there are SO MANY FACTORS that go into your success! With that said, we can give you some ideas on how NOT to break even, and how to maximize your profits instead. But if you want individual tips by game, follow our instructions at the top of this page.
So you are wondering if we Deliver your order for you, or if you are responsible for Picking up your order. Here is your answer: Yes we deliver, and yes you have to pick up…. Let us explain!
We deliver only for large Casino Nights or Corporate Functions, Weddings, Fundraisers, as well as some Home Parties. We reserve our time for these larger events and do not deliver for Stag & Doe’s or Stags. Plus the whole point of those last two parties are to make money, not spend it!
Also there are some games, such as our DELUXE TABLES, that we do not offer Pick up as an option, so in some cases you have to use our Delivery Services.
With that said, we are super flexible with when you can come pick up your order and drop off your order. Usually you can come a day or two in advance, and then return it a day or two after your event. You would not incur extra charges for this, so not to worry!
ie) for a Saturday event, you would pick up on either the Thursday or Friday, and return it to us on either the Monday or Tuesday.
For a ton more detail on Delivery, please CLICK HERE.
Obviously we are a bit biased when we suggest that you have games, but the games serve a dual purpose as it provides entertainment but it also generates money for you too. We put together a few packages for you that are fantastic for Fundraisers. We advise you to pick from one of our Stag & Doe Packages or even our Stag Packages that, as there are great savings here!
When you are choosing your games, keep in mind that you may want to introduce different games throughout the night to keep it interesting, rather than doing them all at the same time all night. As an example, when guests arrive they may do one round of each game and then sit at a table for the night. But if you keep bringing out new games and get people excited about new tournaments or prizes to win, they will be more likely to keep getting back off their comfortable chair!
Pick enough games that will keep your guests entertained all night, not just for half an hour. This is hard to remember because the idea of making lots of money may keep getting in the way, but the real purpose of the night is to entertain your guests and celebrate the whole reason you are throwing a Fundraiser. If you remember this and provide your guests with great entertainment all night long, the profits will just come.
When it comes to deciding WHICH games will work, just ask yourself what you would enjoy playing if at a Fundraiser. You know your crowd best, so pick games that you think they will enjoy – pick some that are more popular with the ladies, and a few for the men. Have a good mix so that you appeal to everyone, so that means some that are super challenging, and some that are no brainers. Have a good variety and you will be set. Ask us for help if you don’t know where to start.