Purpose of this Agreement
We have to keep everything in order, so that we may run our business efficiently which is why we created a Rental Agreement. We post ours online for all to see because we do not hide anything from our clients and we are completely transparent.
When you read through this Rental Agreement, you will see that nothing is out of the ordinary, unfair, deceitful, or surprising. It is all very standard and it exists so that if any issues should arise down the road, there won’t be any discrepancies. Really this agreement is in place for the extremely small percentage of people who have messed things up for the rest!!
This Rental Agreement was last updated on November 29, 2021. We reserve the right to modify our Rental Agreement and Pricing at any time, and prices and policies are subject to change without notice.
- Rentals are first come, first served.
- If you need a rental for long term, message us first as we can give you a discount rather than paying for a daily rental.
- All items are cleaned and inspected after every use.
- There is no minimum order quantity required; order as much or as little as you desire.
- If you have any gift cards to use towards your order, only one coupon per order is permitted.
- We have a full showroom set up with all of our game rentals and you are welcome to come see them in person by appointment only.
- Schedule Appointment Now.
How Much is the Deposit
- You are required to pay the full rental amount in order to reserve your items.
- There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Note that booking deposits are non-refundable (unless there was a mistake made in our error), so please do your due diligence in reading this agreement thoroughly so that there are no misunderstandings.
- ie) You know where our location is, you know our pick up and drop off times, you have a large enough vehicle to transport it, etc.
3 Methods of Payment
- You can do an E-Transfer if you wish. After booking, we will hold your order for 24 business hours while we wait for your E-Transfer to come through
- Note that we have signed up for direct deposit, so you do not need a password
- In the event that it still asks for one, use “carrie”
- Send the E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash is always an option, and after ordering online we will hold your items for 24 business hours. So do not delay and Book your Appointment to come drop off the cash
- Jack of all Spades use “Stripe” as a third party credit card payment processor
- We do not have access to your card number (except for the last 4 digits) and it is kept strictly confidential
- Stripe accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
- Stripe does charge the Renter a 4% fee for using it’s services
- To avoid this charge, we recommend to do an E-Transfer instead
- It does a pre-authorization for your total, but the charge does not go through yet
- We will double check that we have everything in stock, and if so, we will confirm the order
- You will receive an email saying “Order Confirmed” and then you will be booked
- At this time, the credit card charge will finally go through
- If we have to deny the order due to a lack of inventory, the charge never went through anyhow, so we can cancel the order without incident
Security Deposit Process:
What is a Security Deposit
- All clients are subjected to a Security Deposit (also known as a Damage Deposit) in case there are any issues when we receive our items back.
- We typically do a pre-authorization on a credit card in the amount of $250 for each order.
- If your order is less than $40, your Security Deposit will only be $100
- Cash / E-Transfer is NOT an option
- This ensures that you have proper funds to pay for any possible damage, loss of rental items, late fees, or any other fees that you may incur; and also to ensure that the card is active.
Process for Security Deposit
- When you book your Pick up or Delivery Time (within 7 days of your Event), it will ask you to provide your Credit Card Number for the Security Deposit
- Jack of all Spades uses “Stripe” as a third party credit card payment processor
- Jack of all Spades does not have access to the your card number (except for the last 4 digits) and it is kept strictly confidential
- Stripe accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
- After you have entered in your info, Stripe will hold onto this amount for 7 full days
- After 7 days, this amount is released back to you
- The card used will not actually be charged, as it is just a pre-authorization.
- This means that your bank will withhold that money from your credit limit, and then releases automatically 7 days after the pre-authorization.
- The credit card will not officially be charged until Jack of all Spades determines the total amount of any fees to be charged to the Renter in accordance with this Rental Agreement.
- For greater certainty, if the fees Jack of all Spades is entitled to retain from the security deposit as set out herein exceed $250.00, JACK OF ALL SPADES WILL BE ENTITLED TO CHARGE THE FULL VALUE of such fees to the credit card used pay the damage deposit and JACK OF ALL SPADES WILL NOT be limited to $250.00 in respect of same.
- There is no option to pay the damage deposit via e-transfer.
- At any time, Jack of all Spades has access and permission to charge your credit card for damages or repairs or other fees that you incur
How do I Get Security Deposit Back?
If everything is returned back in the same condition:
- No charges will ever go through to the credit card provided and the funds will be released within 7 days of the pre-authorization
- Nothing will appear on your credit card statement after these 7 days
Security Deposit Charges
Lost, Stolen, Missing items
- You will have 2 days from when we receive your partial order back, to return the missing item(s) in order to avoid charges
- If after 2 days we have not received your entire order back, we will be charging your credit card its respective Replacement Fee.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your items are looked after at all times.
- If any items are returned damaged or if an item is simply not returned, Jack of all Spades will charge the card holder accordingly.
- Jack of all Spades uses their discretion and dictates how much money will be charged to cover the cost of labour and materials, as well as any other fee related to the damage
- This can be a very pricey, unfortunate, and unnecessary charge, so we encourage you to ensure that proper care is taken.
- You can request a price for replacement prior to taking the items if you are interested
Reducing your Order
- If you wish to reduce your order, please inform us as soon as you can so that we may update our system to ensure that someone else may have access to that item.
- There are no refunds for monies paid thus far but maybe you can switch it to something else.
- If it is a significant reduction, we might offer you that money lost towards a future order
Cancelling your Order
- If you wish to cancel your order entirely, unfortunately there is no refund on any monies paid thus far.
- However when you book with us again in the future, we may offer you the chance to use the money paid on the cancelled order, towards a new order.
- The exception to this rule is that we made an error during the booking process in which case we will offer you a full refund if the error was ours.
Adding to Your Order
Substituting Items in your Order
- If you wish to switch your item for another item, you are free to do this also, assuming its available
- You would just pay any difference if necessary, or take a loss if the new item is cheaper
- In this case, we will send you a revised invoice with the amount owing for you to settle your balance.
- Just CALL or TEXT or EMAIL with the changes you would like to make.
Who is Eligible for Delivery
- We typically only offer Delivery to our clients who are having a large Casino Night, a Company Event, or a Home Casino Night Party.
- If you have ordered a Deluxe Casino Table, then pick up is not an option, so Delivery it is!
- We do not deliver for Stag & Doe’s or Stags or as we reserve those time slots for the large Casino Nights.
How Much is Delivery
Delivery rates are based:
- on the number of kilometres from our showroom
- by the number of items (and types of items) that you are renting that need set up and teardown
- by obstacles we may face during delivery such as stairs, elevators, parking issues, etc.
For a full explanation of our Delivery Charges, please CLICK HERE FIRST
When do you Deliver My Order
- We request that you get in touch with us to arrange a time prior to booking it formally.
- Sometimes we have a dozen events to deliver to on a weekend, and we can only be so many places at the same time.
- Once you have prearranged a time with us and it is within 7 days of your Event, you can request your Delivery Time on our website.
- You will see all available time slots so you simply click on one!
- You can request your time preference for both Delivery & Pick up at this point, but in the end Jack of all Spades will make the final call on timing, as we have to manage all deliveries accordingly.
- Sometimes we return that evening to pick up your items, and other times it will be the next morning.
What Happens during Delivery
- You do not need to be present when we arrive, but ahead of time you will have given us instructions so there should not be any problems.
- Whoever greets us, might sign off that they have inspected all items and that everything has been received and in good condition.
- If we incurred any expenses while delivering (parking meter’s, parking tickets because the proper loading area was not provided, parking lot fees, delays because nobody was there to greet us, etc.) this will be taken out of your Security Deposit.
- Please ensure you have your cell phone on you during the time that we are delivering so that we can stay in contact with each other should any issues arise.
What Happens when you Return?
- We will inspect everything and pack it up ourselves.
- You do not need to be there personally, but you will need to arrange for someone to greet us.
- We will get in touch with you if there were any issues, so no news is good news!
Picking up Games from Showroom:
How does Pickup Work?
- Most of our clients pick up and drop off their games themselves during our set times.
- Anybody can come pick up your order on your behalf
- Our rented items must be completely covered from unfavourable weather conditions while transporting in your vehicle.
- Your trunk, hatchback, or tailgate must be able to close properly to secure all items, and bungee cords are recommended to keep everything safe.
- Some of the rented items are quite heavy, so we recommend two people come that can each lift up to 80 pounds to do the transporting of the items.
- We will not be held responsible for any injury or damage to you or your vehicle during loading or unloading and it will be your responsibility to do the lifting and loading.
- We also recommend that you bring along blankets to aid in transporting the items safely so you can avoid damaging the items.
- We may, at our discretion, refuse to allow you to take the items if you do not bring protection for the games (blankets, tie downs, etc).
- It will be your responsibility to detail all damages, shortages, or discrepancies on your invoice before you leave or the invoice quantities will be considered received and in perfect condition.
When do we Pick up Our Games?
- We have set times for you to come, but sometimes deliveries get in the way and we need to adjust.
- You can come the day prior to pick up your games, and return the day after
- We are typically open 9am to 9pm
- We might need you to come the day of if its with another customer the day prior
- But if available, its yours!
- If none of these times work with your work schedule, just let us know and we will sort it out.
- There are no guarantees that we can be available for your specific timelines however we aim to please so will do what we can to work with you.
How to Schedule Pick up & Drop Off
- Within 7 days of your Event, please CLICK HERE to Book your Pick up and Drop off Time
- If your event is further away than 7 days, you will have to be patient and come back later
Process of Bringing Order Back
- If you are running late, always give us a call to ensure that we will still be there.
- We will not wait around as we have delivery times to meet.
- It does not matter who returns your games.
- Please return all items in the same packages or boxes in which you received them to avoid any fees for missing packaging.
- We rely on this packaging to keep our items safe and damage free while in transit.
- We will inspect all items thoroughly upon your arrival, and if there are any damaged or missing items, the amount to replace the packaging will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
- Whoever’s name is on the invoice, is responsible for the items from the time the items are received to the time that Jack of all Spades’ receives them back.
- Whoever’s credit card was used for the Security Deposit, will be responsible for paying for any damages, replacements, or missing items, even if it wasn’t them that caused this to occur.
- You are responsible for paying the full Replacement Fee for broken, damaged, dirty, missing items or lost items and/or packaging.
- This can be done by us taking it from your Security Deposit, in which you will also incur a 4% processing fee from Stripe. Or you can choose E-Transfer or Cash alternatively if it is a small amount owing.
- Feel free to inquire about replacement costs prior to receiving your items.
- If you find the lost or stolen item, and it is in the same condition as when you received it, we will gladly refund the replacement costs that we charged you.
- If the Replacement Fee that you owe is higher than the Security Deposit, the balance will be charged to the credit card provided.
- It is so very seldom that this happens so do not panic! Just take care of everything responsibly, and you will be fine!
How to Avoid Paying Fees
- Before leaving the hall after you have packed everything back into your vehicle, read over the list of items you received (see your invoice for details) and ensure you have it all.
- Have someone help you lift, transport, or move a heavy item because things could damage easily.
- It is common for a mad rush to happen at the end of the night where everyone is pitching in trying to help clean up, however this is where things go missing or things get damaged, so put someone in charge of keeping track of the the games.
- Always give us a call if you are running behind schedule or need to change your appointment time.
How to Keep Games Safe
- All items should be secured and protected from harmful weather conditions, theft, or damage, and should be secured when not in use.
- You will protect our items from weather conditions including rain, snow, or wind, as well as theft, or damage from the time you receive them, right up until the time that we receive them back.
- To prevent mishaps, do not allow your guests to place drinks, cigarettes, or food items on any of the rented items or packaging.
- Do not use tape on any of our games.
- The exception to this rule is if you wish to tape signs to our Wheel or Plinko or Raffle Containers in which case you should use painters tape.
- Duct tape, masking tape, or scotch tape are NOT permitted as they may damage our items.
- Please ensure all tape is removed before we get the item(s) back.
- If an item comes back to us with tape or tape marks on it, you are responsible for removing the marks 100%.
- If the tape marks do not come off, we will be charging you a cleaning fee to do it ourselves or possibly a full Replacement Fee of that item if we are unable to remove the damage.
Want to Change or Modify a Game? Ask us First!
- Sometimes people like to customize the games to make it fit with their theme (we find companies especially want to do this.)
- We ask that if there are any modifications that you wish to make, you must get written permission from us first.
- If you wish to tape something to any of our games that were not listed in the previous section, to please get permission from us first.
- Do not remove our logo stickers from our games (yes people do this sometimes!)
- We rely on these logo stickers to advertise our games while they are at your event, and if any stickers are removed, you will be charged $10 to replace each sticker.
- Basically just call or text us with pics to explain your situation, and we will either allow the change/modification, or not!
What if something is Broken when I receive it, or what if I break something while in my care?
- If there is an item that is damaged when you receive it, do not take it upon yourself to “fix” it. Instead inform us by texting/emailing pics asap.
- If you damage an item while in your care, as much as we appreciate the fact that you want to fix it before giving it back in an attempt to help us and/or avoid fees from us, many people over the years have made it worse by trying to make repairs on their own without realizing it!
- Please text us some pics and we will advise you on what to do!
Who Hires The Dealers?
- If you choose to rent our Casino Tables and would like to have Dealers at your event, please note that the personnel we use are a third party contractor and are not affiliated with Jack of all Spades in any way.
- Jack of all Spades facilitates the booking of these personnel on your behalf, and collects the money to be paid to them on their behalf.
- But in the event that any problems or concerns related to this separate company, you are responsible to resolve all issues directly with them.
- We collect payment for the Dealers from you, and then pay the Dealers directly. Just saves you from making 2 payments to 2 different companies!
Why we are so Confident in our Dealers?
- We can assure you that the Dealers we use are highly professional, very outgoing, dress in full Casino attire, and are worth every penny.
- We have partnered with this company since 2007 – they are amazing to work with.
- We can confidently say that we have had zero complaints and have had nothing but positive feedback from our customers
- Jack of all Spades would not affiliate our company name with this Dealing Company if we did not strongly believe in their professionalism and efficiency!
- We are proud to partner with them at any type of event.
- Click HERE to book them!
Dates that we are Closed
- Dec 14-16, 2021
- Jan 3-7, 2022
- Jan 15-22, 2022